Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I am 2 and am loving it!!!



I wake up to a string of morning wishes

From mummy to daddy to grandma

Can’t wait to get my mojo on

With milk, and a basket of toys



It’s time to sparkle my pearly whites

How I dread the time on the potty

Love my mummy for that hot bath

She lets me play with soap and water



Glued to my favourite nursery rhymes

A whiff of my piping hot breakfast

My favourite meal of the day

Can I have my fork and spoon???



Mummy is ready for work

I shriek out my good-bye

Daddy goes with her too

Will return soon enough though



Daddy works on his computer

I sing and dance to the mirror

Love my time on grandma’s bed

Must see, to believe



Hear grandma call my name

It’s time to talk to her plants

Little does she know

I just want to spray around water



My eyelids start drooping

Have had a lot to do

A short nap should suffice

To re-energise the bunny in me



A big glass of milk for energy

While I pick out toys to play with

My favourite is the drum

It’s cool when the stick hits it



I love reciting ‘ABC’ and ‘123’

Grandma listening intently

Swiftly move on to ‘Teddy Bear Teddy Bear’

Grandma and I laugh ‘Ha Ha Ha’



I sense my lunch time

Empty vessels make much noise

Nanny gets into the act too

Can’t I play with them instead???



I push away in haste

I’m too busy, I remind

They don’t seem to heed

I don’t get to decide



Time for a nap, says nanny

If I want to go out after

I wake up all refreshed

More energy from my banana porridge



A glimpse into my wardrobe

Am dressed to the tee

My friends downstairs waiting for me

Love the space, open and free



Back home, nanny says bye-bye

Another glass of milk, toys strewn

Mummy and daddy still away

Grandma and I rehash our day



I eye some spicy snacks

While I go merry go round

Grandma spilling the beans

Mummy and daddy making sense of it



Meal time it is, grandma standing by

Familiar clatter from the kitchen

Oh Lord, I just don’t understand

Why can’t I just skip it???



I sing and dance

To my favourite jingles

Mummy, daddy and grandma looking on

They laugh, egging me on



It’s time to bring the curtains down

On my very eventful day

A few minutes of playtime on my bed

And, Manasi is sleeping, goodnight!!!

Happy Birthday Naannu!!!

No comments: