Thursday, February 16, 2012

On the opposite side of Beauty!!!


Am cold and weary
Pessimism striking hard
Numb and jaded
A cloud hanging over

I feel anguish
Emotional and physical
Losing optimism
Fast and furious

Happy-go -lucky I was
Bright and buoyant
Vibrant and venerable
Safe and secure

Life would be a breeze
If I knew not to care
And wear that look of apathy
A reply with just a glare

Wouldn’t have felt betrayed
If a hedge stood in-between
 If I knew it were coming
Wouldn’t have taken its toll

Loneliness in its candour
Friendship at a price
Trust not easily conferred
Green eyed and doe faced

Where’s that sunshine???
I was promised every day
Where’s that gaiety???
I went gaga for

Am sapped of all energy
Misery, an episode of no value
Exploitation not a fiction
Appalling, yet not remorseful

Wish we were on an even keel
Wish we had broken the code
 Wish we weren’t just a piece in a puzzle
Life wouldn’t be this complicated

Am cold and weary
Pessimism striking hard
Numb and jaded
A cloud hanging over

Lubumbashi on a cloudy day...

No comments: