Friday, February 10, 2012

In the palm of your hand!!!


Out of the blue
Laid bare by the ebb
An empty life in a shell
 Amidst the earth and debris

I lay there motionless
Glistening under the blazing sun
Soaking wet under the thundering showers
Immersed in memories of life gone by

I watch you dive into the ocean
And come up like a soaring bird
Laughing aloud drenched to the skin
Will I be that fortunate???

I can’t stop wondering
If you will ever embrace me
I want to be one with you
A place in your beautiful home

I wake up to the sunrise
And a few fitness enthusiasts
A few flippers twittering up above
And an occasional ally out of the blue

Sunset on the threshold
The light fading
My day nearing its end
Where are you???

The world around me is boisterous
Glee and romance all around
A handful on their own
The cool breeze shaping an aura

I want to feel your fingers
I want to be carried away
To a place I can call my own
For a life in the palm of your hand

I see you curtsy for me
I see you are mystified by me
I feel a ray of hope
I feel the rhythm in my heart

Hold me up, I pray
Take me home
I promise to be loyal
I will never leave you alone

I feel secure with you
I feel beautiful
Am falling in love
The future looks so blissful

Life is a peach
No more lemons
And the big bad ocean
I dream, lying on a bed of roses

One crazy day
Something’s amiss
I feel the chill
A shiver down my spine

Am out in the woods
Terrified of the unknown
Left to fend for myself
Out of the blue


Am just a Seashell !!!

No comments: