Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The Castle on a Cloud!




Atop a hill, on a paradisal island

The sight of a magnificent Castle

Glorious under the sun

Blessed under the twilight sky


Nobility pronounced by the lore

Facade, grandiose and audacious

Riveting by nature and spirit

A sense of curiosity and wonder


Up to the gate, skittish and ebullient

A mere nudge, the gate unbars

The Prince, earnest but sceptical

A layer within, charismatic and childlike


An unimagined expansiveness

Familiarity, hard to resist

A stranger I am, feels unlike one

Standing still, enthralled and exuberant


Aura enticing, I must return

To this promise of arcady

Stories watering the burgeoning seeds

Flowers blossom, vibrant in bloom


I return, too often perhaps

For the allure and wizardry

Deep insight and wisdom

The humour and wit


Seasons change, colours too

The Castle wears grey

A few wrinkles, a frown too

The Prince, bored out of his wits


Despite the foreboding

I see pristine and pure

Energy, raw and passionate

Tempestuous but trustworthy


Return I do, notwithstanding

Gate shut tight, passcode held secure

Access denied, I won't let go

Shove I do, with all zeal


A few seasons now

Light dark light dark...

I have to wait, longer now

I do so, aware and agog


Patience wears thin

Enthusiasm wanes

The Prince, capricious

Energy sapped, I am spent


An elysian Island on his own

Must leave him be, the elusive Prince

To nurture his soul garden

Gentle, honest and kind


Retreat I must, with love

Not to abandon, not to never return

To nurture my soul garden

Gentle, honest and kind


Despite the cold shoulder

I see pristine and pure

Energy, raw and passionate

Tempestuous but trustworthy


...beauty of that heart on the forehead

magic of the heart within ❤


2 comments:

Vinitha said...

Beautiful Priya. Nicely depicted relationship with the castle on a cloud in an island. It appeared so approachable to begin with but got difficult to stay in the end. We could get marooned in some island relationships like that, great thing to keep it and still nurture your soul garden..

Priya Kurup Premkumar said...

Thanks, Vini. Two to tango 😊 Acceptance trumps expectations. There is no end.