Monday, July 22, 2013

A face in the clouds!!!


The day has come

I’ve waited a lifetime

Trepidation in my vicinity

More questions than answers!!!


 
How different will it be???

Will I be welcome???

Will he recognise me???

Has he aged beyond belief???
 



Is all the family together???

Has he stayed abreast of my life???

Will I have to chronicle my journey???
 
Has he changed with time???

 


Am ready to depart

A stunning white carriage too

A lonely ride I'm sure

And no one to say goodbye


 
The road is pristine and promising

Lined with trees and an aura of yore

Cloud capped mountains at a distance

There’s still a long way to go

 
 
A princess like feel

Decorous for a change

Expectations galore

And apprehension aplenty



 
The unpretentious white picket fences

Unlike the towering ornate ones I’d imagined

Secured by none and silence unnerving

They know am arriving
 

 
Am on my own

Have been enrolled by mere presence

Devoid of the hustle and bustle

This is heaven, I better get used to


 
Am free to mosey around

But where do I go???

Am at a crossroads

With no signboards




Then the sight of a familiar figure

Just like I know him

A big smile and twinkling eyes

A warm embrace that says it all




 This is my home now

Where my Dad’s been for long

No questions, no answers

Just happy and whole again!!!

 
To my dear dear Dad!!!

4 comments:

Chrystaletis said...

Charmingly Sentimental.

Vinitha said...

It kept me hooked to find out about the moments when you finally meet your dad. Liked your lovely imagination of how we depart and enter heaven. Lovely Pri.i Wonder why you don't write more dear.. please write more and I am here all eager to see more writings from you.

Priya Kurup Premkumar said...

Thank you so much, Vini. I will never give up on fairytales😍

Priya Kurup Premkumar said...

Thank you, PCJ ❤