Thursday, September 18, 2008

A hearty meal!!!


I was planning on serving parathas with some leftover chicken curry and palak paneer for dinner today. Prem, my husband had other ideas. A surprise for me!!! I am a big fat fan of surprises, even if it is an embellished safety pin that is waiting to be unwrapped. His 'hot as hell' packet had adai and avial ( very popular combo out in Tamilnadu) and some pakodas from Grand Sweets. Now who doesn't love Grand Sweets??? We didn't wait another minute to pop them in our inviting mouths. Am sure I have already digested my meal, its barely an hour after dinner. It was truly scrumptious.

I had mentioned to Prem a few days ago, that I intend to buy instant vatha kuzhambu and puliodarai mixes from Grand Sweets. That was promptly forgotten, but I will not complain.

Grand Sweets and Snacks....the best

5 comments:

Sandeep S said...

well Prem ettan definitely hasn't deciphered the age ol' question of "What Women Want"! But he definitely knows what you want; savories from Grand Sweets! :)

P.S: Please don get me wrong!

Priya Kurup Premkumar said...

P is so ernest about knowing what I want!!! About...what other women want.....mmmm...he is no rabbit, I assure you!!!

Seema said...

So sweet of him to get u surprises!!
Knowing you you must be like a kid, waiting for the surprise with wide eyes & as u opened the pac a big grin too i am sure :-)The Adai Avials of Grand is good.. try the Kuli paniyarams next time.. Yum yum! Too much oil, but once in a while is ok...I love the chutney they serve with it.. If u ever find out all Ing in that do let me knows.. its a nice chutney i would love to have at home too.

Priya Kurup Premkumar said...

Do they still serve puliodarai as prasadam, Seema??? That used to be yummm too. Prem bought a 'pal halwa' while he waited for his goods.

Seema said...

Yes, they do serve Puliodarai at times - I have not got it in a long time too.. Last 2 times i was there it was Curd rice!! :-(